A closer view illuminates the broad picture.
“Will this material perform as intended?” or “Why didn’t this material perform as expected?”
Engel Metallurgical laboratory services help definitively answer these questions. Our metallurgical engineers / metallurgists perform laboratory tests according to government and/or applicable industrial standards, including ASTM, military and other specifications. Our reports will summarize specifications compliance, as well as detailed findings, based on our tests—and our own expertise.
Our laboratory equipment and capabilities include:
- Scanning Electron Microscopy/Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy
- Metallographic preparation and examination
- Corrosion testing
- Our extensive experience with corrosion testing includes several laboratory tests that our engineers have designed to simulate process or field conditions for more accurate findings.
- Microstructure evaluations
- Weld qualifications
- Hardness testing
- Carburized and nitrided case depth measurement
- Mechanical property testing
- Chemical analyses
- X-Ray diffraction
- Macro etching
- Photographic documentation
- Coating and Plating Thickness Measurements