ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
Accuracy is everything.
Inaccurate measurements are worse than no measurements: Inaccuracy can lead to incorrect conclusions — wasting time and money.
Engel Metallurgical is ISO/IEC 17025 accredited. This means clients receive testing and analysis from a firm that has achieved a highly recognized technical competence of testing laboratories. Previously, attorneys, insurance companies and manufacturers relied on their own audits to determine the labs' capabilities and quality levels.
Now, accreditation ensures Engel Metallurgical clients that our lab operates and maintains an acceptable quality management system covering processes and documentation - and that we have processes in place to generate valid test results.
And that provides you with unbiased, timely, cost-effective, sound answers.
Engel Metallurgical achieved accreditation from A2LA to:
- Perform laboratory tests for failure analysis
- Provide product evaluations
- Provide materials testing
The accreditation applies to tests in:
- Dimensional inspections
- Hardness (ASTM E10, E18, E384, F606)
- Tensile (ASTM A370, B557, E8; ASME Section IX; AWS D1.1/D1.1M, D1.2/D1.2M)
- Ductility (ASTM E190, E290)
- Metallographic evaluation (ASTM A247, A262 Practice A, B487, C664, E3, E112, E883, E1077, F2328, F2328M; SAE J121, J121M, J419, J423)
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM)/energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) (ASTM B748, E1508)
- Failure analysis (ASM Handbook II; ASTM E620, E678, E860, E1188, E1492, E2332)
and for the following materials:
- Metals, alloys
Engel Metallurgicalís accreditation can:
- Lower manufacturing costs by eliminating the need for redundant testing
- Minimize product development risk by ensuring that purchases from suppliers are not defective
- Reduce barriers to global markets due to international acceptance agreements
- Facilitate trade and economic growth for companies looking to overcome technical challenges of global expansion
- Improve quality and assure competency of products and components through test measurements traceable to internationally-recognized standards